Social Media Lead at Shoppers Drug Mart
Reported to the Director of Digital and had the responsibility of all social media strategy for all of Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmaprix, and Murale's platforms: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
· Social Media Strategy - developed social media plans that ensured the company's online objectives were achieved (be it click throughs, reach, or engagement) and continue fan acquisition
· Marketing Campaigns - worked with marketing managers to define campaign goals and objectives for each social platform and reached out to creative to ensure social was included in web and print where appropriate. Tasked to try new strategies (such as creating contests) and the two Tweet Chats executed each trended #2 in Canada
· Insights - regularly reviewed analytics and met with market research teams. At the end of each campaign, compiled stats and extracted key learnings and recommendations.
· Copywriting - wrote all in house social copy
· Editing and Proofreading - edited all social posts, images, or games made by outside agencies to ensure it met the right tone and voice and was void of errors, this sometimes extended to include web content and online articles
· Creative Involvement - bridged a gap between social and creative to ensure a united understanding of vision and objectives (consistant images and colours and compliment the copy)
· Results - increased audience and engagement
Worked closely with a contact at Facebook and the social media optimization platform SocialFlow to discuss purchasing tactics, drew analytics from Sysomos and Antelope, and developed a good relationship with internal consumer response and monitoring company ICUC.
I took the contract as the Social Media Lead at Shoppers Drug Mart knowing it would be temporary until they found a permanent replacement for the position (I had plans to travel South East Asia in January and was not going to change them, no matter how tempting they made staying). About three months in they found a very qualified candidate, but asked me to stay on until I departed. While I worked with my colleague on everything, I was able to put a lot of focus into Murale, their high end makeup boutique. This was a great pleasure as it allowed freedom of creativity to build something new. I created a large document outlining current demographics, opportunities to grow, weekly and monthly themes, guidelines, and worked with a designer to establish visual directions. Here is an example of the themes I worked on: